Theres No Such Thing as a Free Instapaper

I dont need every customer. Im primarily in the business of selling a product for money. How much effort do I really want to devote to satisfying people who are unable or extremely unlikely to pay for anything?

Marco Arment on his decision to discontinue the free versions of Instapaper, his save and read later application. I would say, $4.99 is a fair price for an app that adds so much daily value. More importantly, I admire Marco for taking this stand and doing what is right for his business and more importantly for his paying customers. Of course, his decision goes against the Freemium movement. I wonder if others will follow Arments example.

Related content from GigaOM Pro (subscription reqd):

Join Gamelofts new studio!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

China Watch: Magical New Maglev, Fire the Ambassador?

Live Blog: GMIC G-Startup Competition 2011

Chinese Pinterest Huaban.com Grabs Money and Attention