Video look: Kindle Fire vs. Nook Tablet

Ive spent nearly a week using the latest 7-inch tablets (or are they eReaders?): the Barnes & Noble Nook Tablet and Amazons Kindle Fire. I still dont think you can go wrong with either device if you have $200 or $250 to spend and want a portable media consumption device. However, there are differences between the two. Most noticeable are the Nooks 16 GB of memory, 1 GB of RAM and micro SD expansion slot. The Fire only has 8 GB of memory, 512 MB of RAM and no expansion slot. But one could argue that Amazon has the better ecosystem with stores for movies and music.

Heres a closer look at both devices, touching upon both the hardware and the software to help you decide which might be the better purchase for you. I actually recommend them both but to different types of users.

Find out which might be optimal for you, depending on the type of consumer you are. If I could put the Amazon ecosystem on the Nooks hardware, I think that would be the best of both worlds. Since I cant do that, Im settling for the next best thing: Putting the Fire experience on my 7-inch Samsung Galaxy Tab!

Related research and analysis from GigaOM Pro:
Subscriber content. Sign up for a free trial.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Samsung asks ITC to ban the import of Apple devices

Who Will Create iTunes for the Cloud?

Honey, I Shrunk the Mobile Data Use!