Unboxing Nests learning thermostat

The hottest item that you probably couldnt get for Christmas this year was the Nest learning thermostat the smart gadget has been sold out for weeks and you cant get one until 2012. But I bought one a couple months ago for a Christmas present for my parents and the device finally showed up a couple days before the big day.

Since I was planning to give it as a present, I didnt want to configure the device, but I did want to do a lil unboxing for yall so you can see what it looks like and what you get inside. The packaging does remind me of Apple products (the creators designed the iPod and the iPhone), but the real test will come when we try to install the thermostat. Im slightly worried about my parents tackling this project, but Ill let you know how they fare in a couple weeks.

Related research and analysis from GigaOM Pro:
Subscriber content. Sign up for a free trial.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

China Watch: Magical New Maglev, Fire the Ambassador?

Live Blog: GMIC G-Startup Competition 2011

Chinese Pinterest Huaban.com Grabs Money and Attention